Monday, February 23, 2015

So, the day manager at the Quik-E-Mart knows that I know a bit about firearms, and was worried about Texas' campus carry bill, and asked me about it. I explained that for the last 30 years, any attempt to restore the right of self-defense to the people has been greeted with promises of blood on the streets-never delivered. Tryin'a make the point, I said that the kind of people you wanted carrin' guns were the same kind of people who would be serious 'bout doin' so. On the other hand, the dude-jocks you wouldn't want havin' firearms were not likely to drop a coupl'a months beer budget on a pistol, and couldn't be bothered to carry two pounds o' steel around anyway-hell, most of 'em can't be bothered to carry a pencil.

We are blessed to live in an age where intelligent, articulate people can spread their message far and wide. So go, read. She says it better than I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment